Friday, September 13, 2013

Football Philosophy

Graham Arnold by james veltmeyer
Graham Arnold, a photo by james veltmeyer on Flickr.

“Fast, free flowing, attacking, attractive, possession based football.”

The A League season starts on 11th October and I’m looking forward to it.
Above is the football philosophy that has been imposed on every football coach in the A League, largely by people who commentate and critique the game on TV.
It is also the style of play we want our national team to play by.

If you were asked what kind of football is played by Australia and in Australia that should be the answer.

Have you ever stop and thought, “What am I do”
You go through the motions, you do the things you have always done, and you do the things you apparently need to do and the weeks turn into months and the months into years.

People around you say you are doing a good job, but is it true, why do they think that.

What is the philosophy or framework that you use in your work?

Everything I do I put through the filter of Jesus’ words from Matthew 28:19&20
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

If someone asked me what I am doing, I would say making disciples.

No comments: