Sunday, December 17, 2017

I was at a carols service tonight.
Friends brought along their next-door neighbours. I had a good chat with one of them John (not his real name)
Later in the night I prayed for boldness and then I had a conversation with John that went a bit like this.

Me: Have you ever been to a church before?
John: We use to go to one.
Me: What’s the reason you stopped going?
John: I don’t know, life just got busy.
Me: If someone from your work asked you if you were a Christian, what would you say?
John: Yes, I would say I’m a Christian.
Me: What would you say a Christian is?
John: Someone who follows God’s rules, is kind and caring.
Me: Where in the Bible does it say that, that is a Christian?
John: It probably doesn’t.
I turn to 1 Corinthians 15:3&4 and read the verse emphasising Jesus’ death and resurrection.

We go back to talking about stuff.

No comments: