Tuesday, June 03, 2014





If you were back at the start
I've been asking older mates in ministry a question.
"What do you know now, that would have been helpful to know when you started ministry."

I'm only in my 6th year of full time paid ministry and I think for me, I would say.
Look after yourself and look after your family.

I was reminded of this the other day.
I was out running at lunch (looking after myself physically) and listening to SMBC Principals Hour (looking after myself spiritually).
While I was running I saw two mates in ministry.

One was with his son and a group of boys from his class on an excursion in town.
The other was pushing his daughters on their bikes along a running/ bike path.
It was encouraging to see.

How would you answer this question?

And are you living it now?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd probably tell young me starting out:
If it can't function without you, is it really worth investing in? What happens if you walk under a bus tomorrow?

jamesanita.blogspot.com/ said...

G'day

Thanks for the comment.

I agree.

I say to my leaders, if I was hit by a bus I hope that you would all come to my funeral and then get straight back into it.
My ministry shouldn't be depended on me.