Monday, August 03, 2015

40 hours to disciple

I coach my son's under 6 soccer team.
Earlier in the season a coach from an opposing team came up to me after the game and said, "You have a great team there."
One of the dads from our team said, "It's all the coach".

I wish this was true.
If I really think the 40 minutes I have them at training is going to make huge change in each player then I'm mistaken, all I do is help them play as a team.

What makes the difference is the soccer they play with mates at school lunch, siblings at home and the kick in the backyard with dad.

If I wanted my team to be the best in the world I would be investing and encouraging time with a soccer ball each day during the week, not just at training.

The church has an average of 40 hours a year to disciple a young person.

Maybe we need to think where we should invest and encourage.

No comments: