Wednesday, December 11, 2013

finishing well

finishing well by james veltmeyer
finishing well, a photo by james veltmeyer on Flickr.

I finish my current job as the Youth Minister at St Mark’s Bellerive on Christmas Day.
I start my new job as the Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry for the Tasmanian Anglican church after a few weeks’ holidays in January.

I think finishing a position well is important.

I’m trying to make sure that I’m still focused on the current job that I’m doing
It is easy to start thinking and living in next year’s job and take my foot off the peddle.
I want to leave my current job in a state that the new Youth Minister Sam can pick up what I have left and get straight into it.

Finishing has also made me think about the conversations that I need to have with the young people and challenge them before I go.

It’s funny how leaving has given me a bit of urgency.

Why is it that when we know something is finishing or someone is leaving or that we might not see someone again that it forces us to urgently do something?

No comments: