Sunday, February 20, 2011

soccer


soccer
Originally uploaded by james veltmeyer
Stephen the guy I work with got back from long service leave recently. His son Stuart gave me the Arsenal boot as a gift, they visited the Arsenal stadium & know that I go for them. Stuart got an Arsenal shirt with is name on the back - maybe prophecy, he's a good player!

We also had our first summer cup game on Saturday. We won 3-0.
I scored a goal. From a direct, I was push from behind in the box, also did I mention that I missed 2 goals that I should have scored, also did I mention that the team we played is 2 grades below us.

Looking forward to this Saturday's game.
Mum & Dad will be down for Heidi's baptism, hopefully they will come along to see me miss 2 goals & score 1!

Praise:
# Stephen & his family are back.
# Soccer - fun, fitness & friends

Prayer:
# Heidi's baptism
# Youth Groups go back this week.
# Good time with Mum & Dad

4 comments:

Alistair Bain said...

who are you playing with man?

jamesanita.blogspot.com/ said...

G'day Al
I'm playing with Southern FC in Div 1.
The club was started last year.
A combination of Christian United & Kingston Cannons.
Hope you have settled in well.

Alistair Bain said...

Where's the home ground James? I might bring the boys along for a look one Saturday.

jamesanita.blogspot.com/ said...

Our home ground is Sherburd park in Blackmans Bay.
But this Saturday we are playing at the Showgrounds, off the Brooker Highway at 11:30am, we will be wearing white or blue.
There are 3 ground next to each other.
It would be good to see you & the boys.