Monday, April 12, 2010

Atheism


Collision
Originally uploaded by james veltmeyer
I preached at our 3 services on Sunday. What would Jesus say to an Atheist. It went well, I got some positive feedback. Like all sermons the person who learns the most is the preacher. I watch the DVD Collision a few times & definitely recommend it.

Praise:
# Preaching went well
# Good feedback
# For what I learnt

Prayer:
# Good time with God together.
# God will strengthen us as a family.
# People are better equipped to answer questions
# This weeks sermon on Tiger Woods

3 comments:

Alistair Bain said...

I've watched that DVD too.

I actually wasn't that impressed or helped by it. It was fun to watch. And there were some classic moments. But I found Wilson too hard to follow.

There were a couple of times that I actually felt myself drawn to Hitchins argument. Mainly because he was so much easier to understand.

jamesanita.blogspot.com/ said...

I had to watch it a few times to understand what was happening because of how it was put together.

I like the way Hitchins carry's himself.

It was good to hear their arguments & also just see them chat, like in the back of the car.

Alistair Bain said...

Yes. Those off the cuff chats were excellent.

And, on reflection, I liked it better than I thought.

Wilson's comment that you can't "cram" for a debate like that was really good. Read, read, read ad read. Good advice.